18 oktober 2012

Giving Thanks Mini for Photocentrics

I made a 'Giving Thanks' mini for Photocentrics using my new toy the Teresa Collins Stamp Maker

 











What you need

October and August Photocentric downloads to make stamps
Text stamps with names from your own design, feather stamp own design. 
A nice set of coordinated papers. I used the Teresa Collins Vintage Finds collection, Twine, ink, bling and an edge punch. 7 small photos. Shrink plastic and jewellery details.  
What to do
My kids are the ‘thing’ in life I am the most thankful for so I wanted to make a mini showing that.
I stamped several times with the October Give Thanks stamp and cut out. I used this on every spread of the mini as well as the front and back to give the design a repetition.
I made 3 stamps with the names of my kids. I used ‘1942 report’ font.
I used the chevron stamp from the August download and stamped on shrink plastic to make a piece of jewellery for my mini.
I cut 2 different PP 4x12 and folded in half. I then cut the edge of one piece (both front and back) with an edge punch so that the middle part will show outside when put together. I made two holes on the edge and tied a piece of twine to hold the mini together.
On the front I added several layers of embellishments. I stitched the edges before gluing it down. I also inked all edges.
I printed 7 photos from when my 3 kids were all babies. I made all photos black and white to make them coordinate.
I then put one photo on each side of the mini and decorated. I used one ‘bingo’-decoration on each spread for repetition. 
Time taken: 3 hours in total ( over 3 days) 

TIP: Make sure you stitch everything before you glue it down so that you will not get stitching on the back side of the design.





 Signatur

2 kommentarer: